Thursday, January 28, 2010

Beef Manicotti

I should probably change the title to the Beef Manicotti and make it turkey as that is what I used.  I was trying to healthy it up a bit.  First off let me tell you, I did not TOUCH the stuff.  I made it for my husband mostly, and my mother to try.  I don't eat marinara or spaghetti sauce, I can't stand it, it has too many spices.  I prefer plain tomatoes with some salt on them, but that is neither here nor there.

My husband loved the manicotti, my Mom didn't and she wasn't shy about letting me know (I'm trying to let go of this, I'm not succeeding as you can tell).  My biggest complaint was the sheer amount of time it took to do this.  Also, I got dirty and I am not a fan of that.  Stuffing the meat and cheese mixture into the manicotti noodles was the worst part, and the most time consuming.  Since this was my first go at it, I expected it to take awhile.  And now that I know what is involved, I can plan my day accordingly and make everything in steps, which was my original plan, but I had no idea it would take that long to make.

Overall I was pleased with the results.  My husband really liked it and it looked yummy (except for the tomato sauce of course) and cheesy and gooey!  I have 7 more stuffed noodles in the freezer, so I'll make that for him at some point in the near future.  I will probably make this again, but not too often since he is the only one that will eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment