Sunday, April 4, 2010

In Which I Let Go

In November 2009 I traded in my 2008 Camry for a 2010 Corolla.  This was a financial decision as we had tons of medical bills coming up.  I was so incredibly upset and depressed because even though I didn't pick out my Camry, it was MY car.  As I've said before, we had no insurance and we'd just gotten some bad news financially, so we felt this was the right decision for us.  In reality, it wasn't really necessary as the payments weren't lowered by much.  To be honest, I've spent a lot of time dwelling on this and being very bitter towards my husband because he "pushed" this on me.  I've also been bitter towards him because I felt like I had to give everything up while he gave up nothing.

I decided tonight that I am going to let go of all of this negative energy and just finally be at peace with the decisions we have made.  There is nothing I can change and there is no sense in dwelling on what's already happenend.  My husband meant me no harm and I'm being foolish for continuing to hash this out 3 months later.

Letting go is a wonderful thing.  My mind will be clear and at ease and my relationship with my husband will be that much better.  This is my new mantra for life in general.  I'm not sure why I'm just now realizing I need to do this, but I truly think this will help with my mentality and overall mood.  Plus it will help me teach my son wonderful traits :).

So here's to letting go in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment