Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bills

Ick is all I can say.  I'm being brutally honest here, so you should all know that I have a lot of bills.  This is due to my pregnancy, not because I'm a big spender.  My husband is the big spender, but that's neither here nor there :).

I have 7 different bills that are huge, all from my pregnancy and deliverly, not including the one I did actually pay off today.  They are not cheap by any means.  I can't believe how expensive everything is.  Actually I can, but I don't think it should be this way.  At least every other place has done the 20% cash paying discount, but they still really suck.  I actually need some kind of planner or journal to keep track of the payments.  I need to insure I have all of this for our taxes next year.

I am doing very small payments.  I'm talking $20 a month on most.  I plan on paying more at some point, but I did as little as I felt comfortable with to ensure I can pay them every month.

And of course, we can't forget all of the other "regular" bills a family has.  We have the electric bill, mortgage, gas bill, water bill, 2 car payments, student loans, cable/internet bill, and cell phone.  Whew, I think that's all.  All of this plus groceries and gas, and I am completely overhwhelmed and stressed out.  I am working on a few things to make our lives not quite so stressful, but I'm not sure how those things are going to pan out.  I'd love to get rid of the cable, but the husband won't allow that.  Plus, since I'm home all day, I do need some entertainment ocassionally.

Sorry about the vent.  I'm going to purchase (???!?!?!) some of Dave Ramsey's books and hope we can be debt free soon, though I highly doubt it.  Wish us luck :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment