Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Controversial Blog

I am a democrat.  I was born and raised as such.  There was a brief period in 2000 when I chose to cheer for George W., but that was to irritate my Dad, and because he is from Texas as I am.  After that, I realize why children are not allowed to vote, they sometimes don't make sound and rational decisions (i.e. trying to piss your parents off).  Anyways, with that said, I'm sure you all have me figured out and pegged.  I'm a sacrilegious heathen who believes in abortion, hates all of the American soldiers, completely lacks support for my Country, etc.  And in some cases you'd be right, but not in the instance of the things I just mentioned.

I am totally and completely against abortion.  While I am a democrat, I was raised Catholic (I know, a complete contradiction) and went to a Catholic schoole for 8 years.  I do not believe in abortion in any situation.  My Mom actually disagrees with me on this topic, so we don't really discuss it.  I do believe the government has every right to step in and make abortion illegal, afterall, it is murder.

Another thing I "go against the grain on" is the war.  Or, more specifically, the soldiers fighting this war.  Don't get me wrong, I am completely against the war.  I have my opinions on it and I'm sure no one really wants to hear them, so I'll keep that off here (more controversy than I can handle for one post).  However, I strongly support the troops fighting this war.  They leave their families and loved ones behind to keep me safe, and for that I truly respect them!  These people make huge sacrifices, including their lives, quite often, and that makes them all heros!  While I don't support the war they are fighting, I support them as humans for protecting me when they have no obligation.  They are truly the spirit of our Country.  This has become even more real for me since I have had Weston.  I want him to live in a Country where he doesn't have to worry about terrorist attacks, and these soldiers are trying to make that a reality for him.

I bring this up because I was reading a blog where someone was discussing soldiers.  I actually read a lot blogs of military wives for some strange reason.  Anyways, I really wanted to voice my thoughts on this matter.  I believe we should all support our soldiers, whether we agree with the war or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment