Monday, February 8, 2010

Our Menu - Week of 2/8/2010

This is a little late in going up since I have been a complete slacker lately.  Actually, my mind wanders quite a bit and I forget easily.  Anyways, last week didn't go quite as planned.  But we didn't eat out, so that was a plus.  I actually let the pork chops go bad sitting in the Fridge, which irritates me beyond belief.  For other great meal plans, head on over to Org Junkie.

Monday: BBQ baked chicken with cabbage and potato salad.

Tuesday: Hamburgers / sausages with french fries and a salad.

Wednesday: Shake n' Bake pork chops with broccoli and mashed potatoes.

Thursday: Skillet Meatloaves with green beans and fried potatoes.

Friday: Grilled cheese / pb&j with a salad.

Doesn't all of that sound oh so yummy?!  I will tell you I was really disappointed in the BBQ sauce.  I used a recipe from Food Network (I'd link to it but I can't seem to find it right now) and it was WAY too sweet.  I think it was the apple cider vinegar that sent it over the edge considering there was 3 tablespoons of molasses and brown sugar.  I am going to tweak this recipe because I like the idea of making my own sauces.

Now I think I need to work on recipes for my lunch!  I am not a fan of leftovers at all, so I need to get creative with my lunches...any suggestions?  I don't like anything that is too taxing, so fancy is probably out.  That should be a goal of mine in the next few weeks... you know while I'm trying to have a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment