Monday, February 8, 2010

When it rains, it pours

And this should be taken in THE most literal sense possible because my roof is leaking again.  Only this time I am home alone with a sick kitty and naughty dogs and I lost my cool for a few minutes.  I'm all better of course, but I'm very frazzled and exhausted.

I'm mainly worried about my cat.  She has been throwing up so much lately and I'm not sure why.  I want to give her a very good bath and brush her out really well to see if that helps.  She is a long haired cat, but it doesn't look like hairballs (TMI?  Sorry!).  We really don't have the money to take her to the Vet for extensive testing.  I love her dearly and just want her better.  She also has very bad allergies so her eyes look horrible.  We found some medicine so we are giving that to her and they are starting to clear up.  She's such a precious baby, the sweetest cat you'll ever meet, and I hate seeing her like this.  Anyways, this is a big stressor in my life right now.  My husband keeps yelling at me to take her to the Vet even though he doesn't want me to.  He's a very confusing man to live with FYI.

Speaking of my husband, his work life is about to suck major.  Why you ask?  He works for a Toyota dealership.  Enough said, right?  Well, pretty much all Toyota dealerships in the US are extending their hours and his is no different.  We found out on Thursday night that they will be extending weekday hours from 7 pm to 9 pm, Saturday hours from 5 pm to 7 pm, and they will now be open on Sundays.  These extra hours are supposed to be only for the recalls, but I highly doubt they will turn away any other work they get during those hours.  My husband already works from 7 am until whenever he is able to leave, usually 5:30 to 6ish, with no lunch really.  This also affects his ability to take a week off when Weston is born.  The whole situation is pretty messed up right now, the correct parts haven't been sent to any dealerships for the most part, and up until early last week, they didn't even know how they were going to repair/replace the pedals.  I'm not going into that because I don't work for Toyota and I only know things based on my husbands job, but don't worry people, I drive a recalled car too.  I would highly recommend that anyone with a recalled car go to Don Davis Toyota and ask for my husband :).  I feel so safe and secure in my car because he works on it all the time.  He is one of the most honest, hard working people you will find in the car business.  He's not out to make a buck off people's ignorance unlike some people.  I'm not sure when I'll take my car in to get fixed, I rarely drive it so nothing will probably happen until we go to turn it in, but because we are about to have a baby, I should probably get on that.  On the plus side, it's completely free to the public so WOOHOO!  Anyways, I still stand behind Toyota, I have loved both that I have had.  I would urge the rest of the world to do the same since there are fixes for the problem now and there are many hard working techs (they don't like the name mechanic anymore), including my husband, who truly want to make things right.

Hmmm what else is pouring in my mind?  Ah yes, nesting!  Or at least that's what I'm calling it.  Or more my thoughts of nesting.  I say thoughts because I've been so exhausted and felt like such crap that its been hard for me to do much of anything lately.  On Saturday I did manage to get pretty much everything that doesn't belong to Weston out of his room.  Of course that just created more of a mess in other rooms, which made me feel like I actually accomplished nothing.  That's very depressing.  I made a huge list of stuff I wanted to get done this weekend and I was only able to cross off 7 things!  And I was so worn out Saturday I went to bed before 10pm.  I'm going to try to work on things throughout today and hope I can get more things crossed off, though I'm not hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment