Friday, February 19, 2010

A New Kind of Challenge

Along time ago, I'm talking 4 or 5 years ago, I heard about an online project that really sparked my interest.  It sparked my interest so much that actually did part of the challenge, but I failed to carry out the most important aspect...the actual doing of the challenge.  Isn't that about the dumbest thing you've ever heard?!  Talk about lazy!  Anyways, the project or challenge is entitled "101 Things in 1001 Days".  I wish I could find the original list I typed up, but that computer is long gone and I have no clue if I ever posted it on one of my older blogs.  It would be really interesting to see what a 19 year old wanted to accomplish in 1001 days as compared to my 24 year old self now.  I'm sure there were tons of super cheesy goals on there, and to be honest, I probably never accomplished anything I listed.

I got to thinking about this the other day randomly out of the blue so I decided to look it up and see if this challenge even still existed.  And I was rather shocked to find that the website is still around and the challenge is still going strong.  The official title is Day Zero and I have decided that I am going to embark on this challenge once again, only with the main goal being to actually complete my 101 things to do.  Maybe coming up with tasks is something I can do while I am sitting (im)patiently in the hospital awaiting the arrival of Weston.

It may seem silly to many people that I would start such a challenge right around the birth of my son, but what better time to better myself?!  I will be learning and growing right along side Weston, how neat is that?  I think this will enable me to be a much better mother, wife, and daughter as it is most definitely a growing and learning experience (as is having a child).

I will find a way to incorporate this into my blog.  I'm not so hip and down with all of the Internets, so it might just be an additional blog, or it may just be on here.  I know you can have different pages, but I don't own my own domain name, so I don't think that is possible.  But, I must have this out in Internet land so I can be held accountable for these 101 things I need to do in 1001 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment