Friday, February 5, 2010

It just ocurred to me

First, just incase all my fans (or my inflated ego, whichever) were worried, no I am no in the hospital giving birth to my son.  As far as I know, he's still hanging in there just fine and making his Momma (im)patiently wait.

Second, I tried a green smoothie a few weeks ago and never really told anyone about it.  They are great!  I have my whole family drinking them once a day, unless we miss because I'm tired/lazy.  I make them, so they are on my schedule.  Anyways, I've read several blogs where green smoothies are staples and I have to say, I can see why.  You get veggies without doing anything to them, and they taste like fruit!  I use about a cup of spinach, a cup of water, 6 oz of strawberries, and a banana to make our smoothies.  Based on all of the recipes I have found, we are missing one ingredient, ground flax seed.  I'm not sure what extra benefits that has, but I will be getting that probably this weekend and adding 2 tablespoons of that as well.  It is really good and tastes just like strawberries and bananas, you don't taste the spinach at all.  I really enjoy them and am trying to work 2 into my day, but just haven't yet.  The basic recipe makes about 4 cups of smoothie, so Victor and I have 2 cups a piece, or if my Mom is drinking some then we have a little less than 1.5 cups a piece.  I was really shocked that I liked them because I am so picky.  I blend the spinach and water first to avoid a super thick smoothie as I can't stand thick drinks (they make me gag), then I add the frozen strawberries, and then finally the banana.  It takes about 5 minutes and then we all get the wonderful benefits of spinach.  I really can't say enough about the green smoothies.  You should try them, your body will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment