Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Schedule

I don't know if I ever mentioned it on this particular blog, but towards the beginning of the year (as if we're in the middle!), I was obsessed with creating some type of schedule for myself.  I drove myself crazy with trying to come up with a precise, mapped out schedule I could follow every day.  I think this was in part due to bedrest boredom, and partly my way of dealing with mommy anxiety.  Somewhere along the line I just gave up and sort of sank into a depression.  I need a schedule.  Maybe nothing strict, but something to depend on day in and day out.  I would sit at the computer for hours upon hours, waiting for my work to send me work, to paranoid to get up because I figured the second I did, they would send me something they needed ASAP and I would be in trouble.  I'm slowly getting over that though...if its an emergency, they can call my cell, or do it themselves.

So last night, before I went to bed, I made myself a little schedule to follow today.  And so far it has gone wonderfully.  I also find myself not being quite so tired during the day...maybe its the constant nature of doing something and knowing I still have more to do that is keeping me somewhat energized.  Who really knows, all I do know is that I'm irritated with myself for taking so long to get this going.  Right before the birth of my son is probably not the best timing in the world.  And maybe its his impending birth that has caused this sudden scheduling frenzy.  There is so much that needs to be done before he gets here, and I want to make sure I get it all done so I won't be an overly stressed out new Mommy.

I am not dumb enough to think my little schedule will last much past this week, if it even lasts through this week, but I am very pleased to see that creating myself a little schedule made me feel 100 times better than I have in quite awhile.  I encourage anyone and everyone, whether you stay at home or go out to work, to create a schedule for yourself.  You will be surprised at how efficient and how much you actually are able to get accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment