Saturday, January 9, 2010

The perils of owning two homes

Yes, I am an idiot who owns two homes.  While this may not be bad for some, it hasn't worked out that well for me.  Of course, my first renter was my Mom and she moved in right after we bought our second house, a little over a year ago.  Now we are trying to find renters because I just don't think I could sell this house right now.  It's a great little house, but there are a few things that need to be done that I just don't think we could swing.  But, who knows, some of those things may need to be done before we are able to rent the house out even.

We have a prospect coming over tonight *hopefully* between 5:30 and 5:45.  This is the first person to look at the house, mainly because I am lazy and the whole house stressed me out.  I guess this would be a side note, but here's something about me... when I stress about something my natural reaction is to completely avoid it at all costs.  You can see how this is probably not a good thing.

Anyways, last Friday my Mom and husband went over and painted the one bedroom that was in desperate need of painting (mainly because I ran out of the brown color I originally painted it and there was a spot, so it needed to go back to white).  I posted an ad on Craigslist and we have this lady coming by tonight.  We were supposed to meet up Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, and finally today.  Hopefully this just gets done and over with.  I really hope she wants the house.  That would relieve so much pressure off of all of us.

My Mom stuck a For Rent sign out on the lawn today with my phone number on it.  You have no idea how nervous this makes me.  I hate phones, I don't even really like talking to people I know on phones.  So this is a huge stressor for me.  But if we can quickly rent the house out, then no harm no foul I suppose.

Word to the wise, only own 2 homes if you know what you are doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment