Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome

Here's to a new year and a new blog.  I've been going through a lot lately and decided that I needed some changes...namely a new blog.  I felt uncomfortable with my old blog as I feel I was being "spied" on by people.  It's not something I want to go into, but I'm hoping this will remedy the situation.  If not, I don't really care at this point.  People need to get over themselves.

I am starting this blog with full plans of buying my own website and learning all the html babble...the whole 9 yards so to speak.  There are so many things I feel I want to learn about websites and from people in general, so I feel this is a great way to get started.  I'm notorious for not following through on things, but I'm really hoping I do so on this.

So, a little about me.  I'm 24 and I've been married to my husband, Victor, for 3 years.  We are expecting our first child, a baby boy we've decided to name Weston Michael Kit (the Kit is after my Dad), on March 3, 2010.  Who knows if I will actually make it to my due date as I am currently on bedrest for preeclampsia.  That started December 2nd.  I spent about 3 hours in the hospital on December 4th where my test results showed the beginning stages of preeclampsia.  I am currently on 600mg of Labatelol to keep that in check, which has been working pretty well thus far.  I will talk a lot about this as it pretty much consumes my day. 

Anyways, we live in a suburb of Dallas, Irving, in a pretty nice neighborhood...we are actually the ghetto house :).  My Mom now lives with us for several reasons.  She had double knee replacement surgery on November 2nd and the rental house she was living in (owned by me) just wasn't conducive to her walking.  Also, we are uninsured and paying for everything baby related on our own.  Her moving in would cut our bills in half, and hers as well.  So we are trying to save everyone money in the grand scheme of things.  Also, hello, built in babysitter :).  My husband and I have 4 cats and 2 dogs.  Yes, it is a zoo and sometimes it feels completely overwhelming.  I love my animals dearly, even if they do get into mischief quite often.  Brianna is the first cat I bought myself and she is a purebred Ragdoll.  Meowser is a Siamese tabby mix.  Keegan is most likely a manx type mix cat who is solid white.  Payton is a Siamese calico mix.  Our dogs are Boxers, Rocky looks American while Keeva looks German.  Don't worry, I will post a blog dedicated to my animals very soon.

Up until December 2nd, I worked as a property tax consultant for an outsourcing firm.  I still do part time work for them currently to supplement the income and to help them out.  My husband is a tech trainee for a Toyota dealership in the Arlington area.  My Mom is an accountant and she has been with the same company since 1989!!!  I've grown up there and consider some of her fellow coworkers as very good friends.  My Dad died on May 6, 2006, the day before my 21st birthday.  If I sound bitter, I am.  I am very close with my family, especially my Dad.  I have a hard time talking about my Dad because I think I'm still in the denial phase of grief.  He was a great, great man and I miss him very much.  Hopefully through this blog, I'll learn to deal with some of my emotions, and maybe one day I'll post a blog on him.  Believe me; the whole world would have been better off knowing him, that's how great he was.

I think everyone gets a general picture of me from this post.  My goal is to be an open book on here, I have nothing to hide, hence the openess of the post.  Like I said, I'm really looking forward to this journey.  I'm starting many things this year and I feel like this blog will be a culmination of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment